Saturday, October 1, 2016

Flash 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends!
It is time for the Flash 55 Challenge in the month of September. The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.

Namba Parks in Osaka
Bored Panda


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS!

I was recently perusing the Bored Panda website, when I came across the post, 15+ of the most Amazing Examples of Japanese Architecture. I was transfixed by the ergonomic and/or economic use of space.

Thus, today's optional extra bit of inspiration for your 55-worder is the concept of SPACE. I encourage you to click on the link below the picture to see more examples of the way space has been utilized in creative both living and work places, but the prompt is open to your own interpretation.

Please Note: From next month, Flash 55 PLUS! will alternate with Play It Again, Toads!



9 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I didn't go for the PLUS bit, but I did enjoy the photos... particularly the first one. I bet kids' imaginations have a blast in there.

Happy Saturday, everyone. And happiest October! ♥

brudberg said...

I did go for space in my own way... loved the images... what a great thing with kids having access to puddles in that way.

Outlawyer said...

Kerry--a little too little space in life to focus on the bonus--the images are very cool though. Thanks for all the work you've been doing lately, and your own beautiful series of Crane poems. (I call them that, though they are certainly your own.) k.

Margaret said...

Have been hiking in "my" mountains and have recently taken a lot of photos ... so I wrote with them in mind and not the bonus... although I am QUITE smitten with the landscape buildings and their wonderful lines...

Other Mary said...

I always enjoy the 55's. Thanks so much for continuing them! I love the pics you have, but I sort of went in a different direction with the "space" prompt.

Gillena Cox said...

Wishing all a good week

much love...

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the journey through all those Japanese spaces - and this prompt which can be interpreted in diverse ways

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oops, I'm so late the next feature has already gone up. I've been away, that's my excuse – and also what gave me my poem. (Smile.)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

PS Like others, LOVED the images, but my Muse took me elsewhere.